Tuesday, December 24, 2013

song of vibhuti yoga

Swami Sivananda’s Song of Vibhuti Yoga

Hari Om.
For the last two weeks, I have been enjoying listening to the kirtans/bhajans composed and sung by Swami Sivananda ji whose voice has a very unique melody. Coupled with insightful lyrics and beautiful Veena tuning, it is brilliant and capable of taking a seeker into the realm of “Atma-Vichar” or the Enquiry into Self.
Particulary, I was enhcanted with a Saguna and Nirguna Song starting with “Narayanam Bhaje” for Saguna and “Om Om Om..” for Nirguna bhajan. I have always liked Swamiji’s unique gift to spiritual seekers of english music and formulating scriptures into one-liner essences as part of good bhajan.
There are so many Kirtans of them – in English, Hindi and all of them are wonderful to listen to. One such bhajan is actually reflecting on the “Vibhut Yoga” – 10th Chapter of Srimad BhagavadGita, where Lord Krishna give a sample of his Divine attributes to Arjuna. The Vibhuti Yoga deals with the glories and the manifestations of the Lord. Swamiji has extended Vibhuti Yoga to ecnompass a wonderful variety of things. Read the below Lyrics and listen to the song. You will know :)
Below are the lyrics of the Song by Swami Sivananda:
Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Soham Soham Sivohan Soham
Soham Soham Sivoham Soham.
I am neither mind nor body, immortal Self I am
I am witness of three states,
I am knowledge absolute
I am fragrance in jasmine, beauty in flowers
I am coolness in the ice, flavour in the coffee
I am greenness in the leaf, hue in the rainbow
I am taste bud in the tongue, essence in the orange.
I am mind of all minds, Prana of all Pranas
I am Soul of all souls, Self of all selves
I am Atman in all beings, apple of all eyes
I am Sun of all suns, Light of all lights.
I am Pranava of all Vedas, Brahman of Upanishads
I am silence in forest, Thunder in all clouds.
I am velocity in electrons, motion in science,
I am effulgence in the sun, wave in the radio.
I am support of all this world, soul of this Body
I am Ear of all ears, Eye of all eyes.
I am Time, Space, Dik and the controller,
I am God of all gods, Guru and the director.
I am melody in music, the Rag in Raginis
I am sound in ether, Shakti in Virya
I am power in electricity, Intelligence in mind,
I am brilliance in fire, penance in ascetics.
I am ‘reason’ in philosophers, ‘will’ in Jnanis,
I am Prem in Bhaktas, Samadhi in Yogis.
I am That I am, I am That I am,
I am That I am, I am That I am.
Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om Om
Soham Soham Sivohan Soham
Soham Soham Sivoham Soham.
You can listen to this song by clicking on below link:
Yours,

No comments: