Sunday, October 5, 2014

trvel de railwala

In my last entry, "peace on earth," I wrote about the morning I spent in Raiwala Village -- where Aurovalley Ashram is located. Here are some of the many pictures I took. Everyone wanted to have their picture taken! 

My visit caused a big stir. I felt like a celebrity. People kept coming by to say hello and ask me "which country?" and "married?" Some also wanted to tell me about or show me something of interest in the village, such as the girl who brought out the tiny kittens or the family that showed me their bull. 

I just wish I spoke Hindi. You can only get so far with smiling, pointing and waving! Nevetheless, there is so much in human communication that is universal. They were interested in me, and I was interested in them, and that was very clear. And the warmth everyone exuded was incredible. I had an amazing time. 

They say that India is lived in the villages. To this day, more than 70% of India's one billion people still live in small, rustic villages, where they pump water from a well, tend to animals, farm (largely by hand) -- and generally continue
as you can see, the children ...as you can see, the children ...as you can see, the children ...

... were running towards me, to have their picture taken.
to live a traditional life. 

I would like to learn some Hindi before I return to India, and spend more time in rural India. Actually, I have a long list of things I want to do and places I want to visit when I return ... But that's another topic ... 

Enjoy these pictures! They are among my favourite pics I have taken on this trip. 

It is now only three days until I leave, so I will probably post only one more blog entry while in India. 






https://www.travelblog.org/Asia/India/Uttarakhand/blog-62317.html

No comments: