Bali is a part of Indonesia. Indonesia was a Hindu country which after the Muslim invasion was occupied my majority of muslims . But Bali is a separate island which has 42 lakh Hindus . 1. Every year at Bali they celebrate Nyepi day , it falls on march 12th . On this day the whole population maintains silence – MOuna Vradha. They meditate for long hours in their homes Whole Baali is in silence from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m on this day , and it is a national holiday for the whole of Indonesia .
2. The origin of Bali is Indian Rishi Kul . Even today , the school syllabus of Bali has lessons about Rishis of Indian origin , like Maarkandeya , Agathiar , Bheeshma etc
3. In Bali men and women , both have to wear Dothi ( the traditional Indian dress of men in india ) . In India traditional dress practice is followed only In some temples. But in Indonesia , it is followed in all the Hindu temples .
4. Children are taught the discipline of Rishis , which is called Tri hita Karana .
5. In Baali schools daily 3 times they do surya namaskaar and during that time they chant Gayathri mantra . Even in radio , it is surya namaskaar prayer time 3 times . In india there is only opposition for all this .
6. Indonesia is a muslim dominated country , still the govt pays salary for all the temple priests of Hindu temples as well as mosques .
7. Senior citizens of Indonesia practice typical Indian styled Hinduism .
8. In Indonesia , agriculture is prime income . They pray to Godess Sri Devi and Bhu devi before and after harvest . All the farm lands have the idols of Sri devi and Bhu devi installed !
They have been taught to raise farms by Hindu elders , even from the 9 the century B.C .This is termed as Subak System . This is a watering system maintained by the temple priests World around , they want to follow this system . It originated from India , But India is not following this subak system of raising farms .
9. Even today they do not read slogans / prayers from printed books . Instead they keep it written down in palm leaves . Even Ramayana they have written in palm leaves and carry it and read it during festival days .
10. During functions , Hindus get together and dance and sing the praise of Gods . There is no doubt that Bali is the Heaven of Hindus .
It is the most beautiful island in the world . Hinduism is in its roots , with peaceful life style , Religious entertainments are the ancient dance and music, It attracts massive tourism .